Useful Tips on getting your BBQ ready for Summer
BBQ season is nearly upon us, below are 8 useful tips to get your BBQ clean and ready for use for the coming Summer months.
- Get your BBQ to full heat
- Put the lid on and leave for 15-20 minutes
- Wait for the BBQ to cool down, then scrub the bars with a steel brush.
- Remove the grills
- Using soapy water, wash the bars
- Rinse and dry them immediately, then rub a light cover of vegetable oil over them to prevent rusting
- When cleaning the drip trays, use cat litter to soak up the grease
- Wash all trays using warm soapy water
Always remember to check your manufacturers instructions before you clean your BBQ.
Cleaning your BBQ after use will help when you want to put it back into storage at the end of the Summer.
Why not try the perfect marinade to liven up your meat or poultry.
1/4 cup of water
3 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon Cumin
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 teaspoons mild chilli powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon ancho chilli powder
Combine all the ingredients and store in a plastic container with a lid. This can be stored for up to 5 days as long as it is kept refrigerated. Marinate your meat for about 6 to 12 hours, poultry 4 hours and fish and hour and a half.
Domestic house cleaning agency SelClene Herts are an honest, reliable cleaning service which operates in Herts, Beds and Bucks.
All our cleaners are fully vetted, honest & reliable, friendly & local.